Institute for Teaching and Learning Excellence Homepage



Disclaimer: ITLE is not responsible for individual questions regarding copyright issues. If you have a specific question, please contact the OSU Legal Department at:

220 Student Union
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078-7044
Phone: (405) 744-6494
Fax: (405) 744-7998

  Click the question to expand or collapse the answer.
  1. How to obtain Copyright Permission
    1. The current copyright holder must first be determined.
      • This can be determined by searching the US Copyright Office’s public catalog located here.
      • This can also be determined by simply viewing the credits/publishing information on the copyrighted work itself.

    2. Once the current copyright holder has been determined, the holder must be contacted directly with a request for use of the copyrighted material.
      • The USCO catalog will provide the copyright holder, but not contact information. Additional searches and research will be required to obtain specific contact information.

    3. If permission is granted, a copy of the correspondence allowing use must be provided as proof.
Can't find what you were looking for?   Email ITLE