Get cable TV in your office
If there is a cable outlet in your office, getting it activated is easy. If there isn’t already an outlet, you or your department will have to turn in a work order to Facilities Management to have one installed. Once an outlet is in place and you have a TV set ready to be connected, contact ITLE Special Projects Manager Sam Welch. The e-mail should include your name, contact phone number, and what days and times of the week someone will be available to allow the technician access to the room. There is a monthly charge for the service that may be charged to a departmental account or your Bursar account. Please specify the account number in the e-mail.
Report a problem with campus cable TV
While cable outages do not occur often, weather and electrical problems do occasionally cause brief outages. Cable TV reporting is divided into 4 areas:
- Main Campus: If your signal is lost for more than a couple of minutes, contact Sam Welch. ITLE coordinates all outages with the cable company, and will work to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
- Atherton Hotel: Contact the Front Desk
- Residence Halls: Report problems directly at https://reslife.okstate.edu/current-residents/cable-tv
- Athletic Facilities: Contact John Tanner
- Apogee Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Report issues: https://www.apogee.us/support/
Know what channels are available on the cable?
If you are thinking about getting cable, or just want to know what channels are available, a channel list will be provided soon. Sometimes the cable company changes channels without warning, so if you notice any errors, please contact Sam Welch.